Custom WordPress Web Design & Development
WordPress Web Design & Development
The internet wouldn’t exist without web developers, the programmers who write the code. Think of them as the architects of website construction. Web designers are more like interior designers, adding what visitors see. Developers and designers work closely together to ensure the finished website functions and looks as specified. Most online design services only offer web design, not development. That means you’re stuck with a fancy layout but still no closer to your goal of creating a lead generating web presence. BXP Creative does both, and for less than a big agency.
Custom vs. Cookie-Cutter Websites
You’ve probably seen the ads for website templates that will supposedly get your website “up and running” in one hour. At the other extreme are completely custom, built-from-scratch websites, typically used by governments and many large organizations and businesses. WordPress falls somewhere in the middle.
- WordPress powers at least 25% of all websites and is the #1 CMS (content management system). CMS refers to the software application(s) that create and manage digital content.
- WordPress is open-source, meaning you can modify and use code written by others without paying licensing fees. This is both its greatest benefit and drawback. Customizing code written by unknown programmers of vastly different skill levels and making it all function flawlessly often requires a very talented, experienced programmer.
- WordPress has almost unlimited templates that can be customized for unique applications. This is where many people run into trouble, trying to fit square boxes into round holes. The more they fiddle with it, the worse it gets.
- Cost-effectiveness is one of the primary benefits of WordPress. A business can begin with a template with many of the required features and then have it customized so it’s exactly what they’re looking for.
- WordPress is SEO-friendly.
- Security vulnerabilities can be an issue with many websites built from templates. Hackers know the templates inside-out. It takes an experienced programmer to plug the holes.
If you need a website that generates leads and represents your brand, but don’t want to spend a fortune, a custom WordPress website may be just what you’re looking for. And if there’s a better option for you, we’ll let you know. Either way, our talented web design and development team can do the job. Contact us today to learn more!